OpenDrives makes high-performance network-attached storage (NAS) for Media, Entertainment, Education, Health Care, and much more. Backed by a recent $20M capital raise, we are positioning ourselves to become the new leader in storage technology. Leveraging our industry expertise, open mindsets, and affinity for solving hard problems, we intend to disrupt the storage market space.
Our Customer Experience department is looking for Professional Services who are self-motivated, understand customers' needs, communicate them to the team appropriately and escalate issues when necessary.
THE SELECTED INDIVIDUAL WILL
As a Professional Services Engineer, you are the face of the company for all new customers. You are a primary point of contact for new installations and modifications to existing deployments. You will be responsible for shepherding customers through the OpenDrives product installation process from post-sale to the eventual Support handover.
POSITION & DESCRIPTION
As a Professional Services Engineer, you will provide post-sales services including: provisioning, implementing, and integrating new systems into both new and pre-existing environments. Additionally, this role may require identifying client needs, project management/planning, system optimization, workflow optimization, and customer support transitioning.
- Serve as the technical point of contact during customer engagements and implementations
- Provide project implementation support onsite and/or via remote access
- Creating and maintaining project documentation during implementation, including customer requirement analysis, scoping of work, production testing, and summarizing customer feedback
- Provision storage systems for both internal and external implementation
- Escalate customer issues to management in a timely manner
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, AND OTHER QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- Demonstrated ability to take point on projects and lead customers through complex processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain strong customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of storage administration and concepts of file systems, mounts, disk partitions, disk partitioning, and raid levels
- Advanced knowledge in at least 2 of the following operating systems: OS X, Linux*, Windows 10
- Knowledge of networking technologies including subnetting, routing, network administration, switch and router management, and awareness of the OSI model
- Must possess strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be self-motivated and understand how to prioritize
- Must be able to travel internationally
- Ability and willingness to continue learning new skill sets
- Capable of occasionally lifting 20-25 lbs
- Must be capable of standing on feet for prolonged periods of time
OpenDrives believes strongly in creating a safe, open workplace for all employees to thrive.
- Progressive vacation package
- Full-time remote position
- Great medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k options
- Awesome team members
- Rapidly growing company with opportunities for career growth