OpenDrives makes high-performance network-attached storage (NAS) for the Media, Entertainment, Education, and Health Care. Backed by a recent $20M capital raise, we are positioning ourselves to become the new leader in storage technology. Leveraging our industry expertise, open mindsets, and affinity for solving hard problems, we intend to disrupt the storage market space.
Our customer experience department is looking for Support Engineers who are self-motivated, understand customers' needs, communicate them to the team appropriately and escalate issues when necessary.
THE SELECTED INDIVIDUAL WILL
As a Senior Support Engineer, you are a primary point of contact for escalated issues and high visibility projects and a role model for Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer experience engineers. . You will be responsible for investigating issues, identifying the root cause, and implementing solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner. Outside of escalated issues, you will be in charge of testing new product releases and providing customer feedback to the Product and Development teams to ensure customer needs are being met. This position is a bridge between customers and our internal development team, you are the one in charge of building the bridge.
- Logging and tracking reported problems, seeing them through to a resolution
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers regarding escalated issues and/or high visibility projects
- Collaborating with T1/T2 Support Engineers when guidance is needed
- Generating documentation for new processes and features
- Customer bug and/or feature request reporting
- Eating large amounts of Pizza**
- Drinking large amounts of Mountain Dew**
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND OTHER QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
You are savvy with at least 2 of the 3 major operating systems (Mac, Windows & Linux). You excel under pressure while remaining calm. You are organized and thorough. You pick up new technologies with ease, and you know that your customer’s deadline is your deadline. You communicate clearly and know when to flex your technical lexicon vs when to carefully explain that the files are in the computer..
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 7+ years of experience as PC/server Technician supporting IT-related servers, network services, and clients
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Strong understanding of Networking
- Strong understanding of Active Directory
- General understanding of Windows server administration
- Strong Understanding of ZFS or other similar storage technologies
- Proficiency in multiple computing environments, particularly Microsoft Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Ability to communicate with customers, peers, and management in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task simultaneously with multiple projects and staff members
- Must be capable of identifying, researching, testing and implementing solutions for technology-related issues
- Requires minimal guidance; and must be able to function in an independent manner, self-starter
- Flexible schedule
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20-25lbs.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
Bonus points if you have experience with anything below:
- Managed production storage systems
- Systems Administration background
- Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows
- Post Production experience
- Media application experience
OpenDrives believes strongly in creating a safe, open workplace for all employees to thrive.
- Progressive vacation package
- Full-time remote position
- Great medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401k options
- Awesome team members
- Rapidly growing company with opportunities for career growth