OpenDrives makes high performance data storage a reality using our unique combination of hardware and software. Our industry-leading performance, comprehensive simplicity, and astonishing support have generated many loyal fans including Hollywood blockbusters, medical imaging specialists, and cutting edge technology companies. While we are extremely proud of where we are today with OpenDrives, there is far more we plan to do.
We are seeking a Product Manager to help drive features from requirements collection through release to customers and beyond. The ideal candidate is passionate about getting things done quickly and efficiently. You have grit and are resilient. If you don’t have an answer off the top of your head, you push and strive to find it.
In This Role You Will:
- Own feature requests from requirements collection through post-launch activities
- Attend and participate in development team meetings as need be and act as a go-to for requirements/functionality related questions
- Assist with feature backlog and execution for a combination of existing and planned releases.
- Combine user research, sales feedback, and product marketing initiatives into actionable product features working with engineers, customers and other stakeholders
- Provide briefings and training to customers, sales, and support.
- Report on status of releases as well as ongoing product success metrics
- Communicate strong value cases to sales, marketing and customers.
- Build knowledge about the industry and incorporate external market data into product definition.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 Years of Product experience, or related experience in software development within the storage management industry.
- Gets things done and takes ownership.
- Is curious and asks questions of people with differing perspectives
- Has grit. When you encounter an obstacle, you find another way around it
- Consistently demonstrates superior communications broadly across the organization
- Envisioned clever solutions for challenging problems
- Demonstrated strong organizational and collaboration skills.
- Consistent ability to juggle multiple priorities and make tradeoff decisions when timeline, specs and/or budget don't align
Preference given to candidates who have:
- Delivered successful B2B apps to the market (storage industry experience is preferable)
- Proven success working in a startup environment where you have taken ideas from conception to execution, iterating on products in quick cycles in an Agile environment
- A degree in a technical field, preferably engineering or computer science, or a degree in business with a focus on technology
- A strong business mind. Having an MBA is a plus
- Some experience with an Agile/Scrum environment